Website Reliance Bank
Reliance Bank is currently seeking a Business Banker I to join our strong, friendly, community-focused team! This is a full-time position based in Altoona, PA.
Education/Training: A B.S. or B.A degree in Finance, Business Management, or a related field normally required; specialized banking education and training.
Skill(s): Proficient reading, writing, grammar, and mathematics skills; proficient interpersonal relations, communicative, and sales skills; a thorough knowledge of the features and benefits of all bank business products and services; a working knowledge of bank operating policies and procedures which impact business banking services; visual and auditory skills; valid driver’s license.
Experience: A minimum of two (2) years’ experience in a Sales or Lending role is normally required.
Responsible for developing, managing and servicing Business Banking Relationships in order to meet the financial services needs of the Bank’s customers:
• Identifying insurance, investment and personal banking opportunities and making referrals;
• Implementing and executing strategies to achieve annual goals and objectives of the Business Banking division;
• Implementing and executing a plan to Build, Expand and Service, Profitable Relationships for the Business Banking Division;
• Complying with the Bank’s policies and procedures and various regulatory requirements; communicating and interacting appropriately with other Bank employees in furtherance of the Bank’s goals and objectives; maintaining appropriate records and providing accurate and timely reports; providing leadership to co-workers consistent with the Bank’s culture and philosophy; and helping less experienced employees develop and expand their skills and abilities. Continuously staying abreast of new developments in the banking industry and business in general.
Performs a variety of duties to meet the needs of business customers as follows:
• Jointly establishes quantitative sales objectives, with assigned supervisor, on an annual basis; this activity to be integrated with the Personal Banking Division’s annual sales plan.
• Solicits new business from present and prospective customers; maintains ongoing business relationships with present customers in order to take advantage of additional cross-selling opportunities.
• Provides sales information on a timely basis in order that this information may be included as part of customer service and sales performance reports.
• Monitors individual sales performance versus objectives on a regular basis; discusses performance with appropriate supervisor on a frequent basis.
• Serves as a member of the bank’s sales team, e.g. Personal Bankers; makes group sales calls where these types of calls will improve the opportunity for new business development.
• Maintains a thorough knowledge of the features and benefits of all bank products and services in order to ascertain customer needs and to sell in conjunction with these needs.
• Provides direct service to customers of the bank with respect to deposit, loan, and other miscellaneous products and services; approves or rejects loan applications within individual lending authority.
• Assists customers in obtaining specialized services from other bank departments and makes referrals to insurance and investment affiliates as necessary; provides help to customers with specific inquires or service problems.
• Maintains a working knowledge of bank operating policies and procedures which impact business banking services.
• Prepares and maintains accurate records of all customer service calls made and meetings with present and prospective customers.
• Actively participates in the community in a manner that reflects favorably on the Bank.
• Actively participates in public relations and community activities.
• Actively participates in the bank’s calling program.
• Performs various duties related to business lending and processing loan requests, and preparing business loan proposals.
• Presents loans to Senior lenders and Loan committee and makes recommendations for approval or denials.
• Jointly establishes annual quantitative customer service and sales objectives with assigned supervisor; this activity to be integrated with the Business Banking Division’s annual plan.Implements strategies to achieve goals assigned to the department as established in the Business Banking Division’s annual plan; assists in the development of the annual budget for the office and adheres to budget parameters.
• Complies with established policies and procedures in order to maintain adequate controls and to support the bank’s adherence to outside regulatory requirements.
• Abides by the current laws and organizational policies and procedures designed and implemented to promote an environment which is free of sexual harassment and other forms of illegal discriminatory behavior in the work place.
• Cooperates with, participates in, and supports the adherence to all internal policies, procedures, and practices in support of risk management and overall safety and soundness and the Bank’s compliance with all regulatory requirements, e.g. Community Reinvestment Act (CRA), Equal Credit Opportunity Act, etc.; insures that the department and all personnel adhere to the same.
• Communicates with management and appropriate staff personnel in order to integrate goals and activities.
• Responds to inquires relating to his/her particular area, or to requests from other bank personnel, customers, etc., within given time frames and within establishes policy.
• Provides periodic reports to the Director of Business Banking and other groups as required throughout the Bank.
• May attend sales and trade meetings as a bank representative to develop new business and to gain information and leads on new business relationships.
• Performs tasks which are supportive in nature to the essential functions of the job, but which may be altered or re-designed depending upon individual circumstances.
Job Location: Community office and various outside locations including outside sales and service.
• Telephone/cell phone/palm pilot
• PC/Computer keyboard
• Fax machine
• Copy machine
• Security equipment
Reliance Bank is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer.
Click the “Apply for Job” button below and follow the link for an online application, as well as a more detailed job description.
To apply for this job please visit workforcenow.adp.com.