Website Reliance Bank
Human Resource Assistant
Reliance Bank is currently seeking a Full-Time Human Resource Assistant to join our team in downtown Altoona, PA.
The Human Resource Assistant is responsible for performing administrative duties to support the Human Resource Generalist and Human Resource Manager. Additionally, this role will be responsible for performing the bank’s payroll function and all related activities.
Essential Duties Include the Following:
- Partners with the HR Generalist and HR Manager to perform a variety of day-to-day administrative duties in all facets of the Human Resource function.
- Maintains a high degree of knowledge regarding all areas of the bank’s HRIS System, ADP. Serves as a subject matter expert regarding the program’s payroll-related functions.
- Processes bi-weekly payroll for the bank and oversees related activities: Review timecards for accuracy on an ongoing basis and performs corrections as needed; monitors accrued sick, vacation, and personal time; responds to inquiries from employees regarding their time and attendance information.
- Maintains a thorough knowledge of laws and regulations affecting the Human Resource Management and Payroll functions of the bank, including employment laws and updates, tax regulations, etc.
- Coordinates pay-related benefits activities with the bank’s Third Party Administrator. This may include responding to inquiries, preparing billing statements, ensuring accuracy of data relayed to Third Party Administrator, etc.
- Assists with benefits enrollment for new employees; helps to facilitate the bank’s annual Benefits Open Enrollment Process.
- Assists with the preparation of FMLA documentation and tracks related deadlines.
- Assists with the bank’s recruitment process: posts open positions to recruiting sites, monitors applicant flow, coordinates with hiring manager, schedules interviews, conducts background/credit/reference screenings. Communicates with candidates as needed as they move through the recruitment and interview process. Assists with new hire onboarding activities.
- Helps to bank-wide volunteer initiatives and helps to tracks employee volunteer activities on a monthly basis.
- Oversees the bank’s years of service recognition program.
- Maintains a pro-active, solution-driven approach to daily work activities and seeks opportunities to streamline processes or create greater efficiencies within the department.
Ideal candidates should possess excellent organizational skills and attention to detail; ability to multi-task successfully; strong analytical and problem-solving skills; proficient reading, writing, grammar and mathematics skills; excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to manage sensitive and confidential situations with tact, professionalism, and diplomacy; ability to communicate clearly in person, verbally, and in writing; ability to work successfully as part of a team in a highly-collaborate work environment; strong knowledge and comfort level with MS Office Suite, including MS Office, Excel, Word, and PowerPoint; ability to stand, stoop, bend, sit, walk up and down steps; reach and lift items weighing 25 lbs.; visual and auditory skills; a valid driver’s license.
Required Education/Experience/Training: An Associates’ Degree in Human Resource Management or a related field normally required; a minimum of one year’s related work experience required. Prior payroll experience and specialized Human Resource Management education and training preferred.
Reliance Bank is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer
To apply for this job please visit workforcenow.adp.com.