Website Reliance Bank
Reliance Bank is currently seeking a Full-Time Loan Processing Specialist I to join our downtown Altoona, PA office team!
Education/Training: A high school diploma with an emphasis in a business curriculum. An additional level of specialized banking training either in operations, lending or teller procedures.
Skill(s): Good reading, writing, grammar, and mathematics skills; demonstrated interpersonal relations and communicative skills; excellent typing and PC skills; sufficient analytical skills to provide database query assistance; proficient manual dexterity and eye-hand coordination; ability to communicate clearly in person, verbally, and in writing; experience working in a team-oriented collaborative environment; ability to maintain composure in stressful situations; decision making and problem solving skills; a demonstrated level of general banking knowledge is required, to include regulatory as well as operational practices in lending related fields; ability to bend, stoop, sit, stand, walk up and down steps, reach and lift items weighing 25 lbs. or less; visual and auditory skills.
Experience: A minimum of two (2) years’ experience in related positions normally required
Responsible for performing a variety of duties to support the Loan Processing function; reporting pertinent information to the immediate supervisor; responding to inquiries or requests for information; assisting the immediate supervisor with administrative tasks to support department operations; providing support to loan origination staff; providing proactive and interactive support for the Processing area; assisting with writing procedures and providing input on application use. Is constantly aware of opportunities to enhance processing through changes and improvements.
1. Processes consumer and mortgage loans.
a. Review, organize and verify loan documents in order to efficiently process loan files.
b. Prepare and deliver loan disclosures and documentation in an accurate and timely manner.
c. Order and review all required third party reports – Flood Zone Determinations, Property Reports, Appraisals, etc.
d. Maintains a high level of knowledge of how to operate all software, systems applications and procedures for use, specifically the Loan Origination System, Electronic Document Delivery System, Word and Excel.
e. Accept credit card payments for fees. Balance and reconcile the accounts.
f. Keep up to date on Secondary Market mortgage product and documentation guidelines by utilizing agency websites, webinars and All Regs.
g. Takes ownership in and responsibility for account compliance with regulations; be proactive in the area or process involved in HMDA, UDAAP, TILA-RESPA, etc.
2. Close consumer loans.
a. Prepare loan documentation for closing consumer loans.
b. Co-ordinate consumer loan closings with originators and closing agents.
3. Assist Loan Processing Staff and Senior Loan Underwriter with department issues through research and product services skills to arrive at satisfactory solutions.
4. Provide exceptional support to other personnel within the Loan Processing area as well as loan originators, loan servicing and customers in order to ensure the smooth and efficient flow of the loan process.
5. Reports pertinent information to the immediate supervisor as requested, or according to an established schedule; compiles information as necessary or as directed and provides data to appropriate bank personnel.
6. Responds to inquiries relating to his/her particular area, or to requests from customers, other bank personnel, etc., within given time frames and within established policy.
7. Keeps current with system changes and regulatory updates to ensure accurate processing for accounts. Maintains current knowledge of products, services, and procedures in order to support customer service. Attends, as necessary, any training to keep current with all system enhancements and regulatory changes relative to position.
8. Assists with the review of consumer and mortgage loan denials and withdrawn applications checking for proper documentation and disclosures.
9. Assists manager with review of department processes in order to provide improved processing along with efficiency and cost control. Recommends procedural changes that will improve overall efficiency of the operation. Is proactive in supporting process improvement with operations staff.
10. Assists the immediate supervisor with various administrative tasks to support department/unit operations, as directed; may also be assigned special projects.
11. Abides by the current laws and organizational policies and procedures designed and implemented to promote an environment which is free of sexual harassment and other forms of illegal discriminatory behavior in the work place.
12. Cooperates with, participates in, and supports the adherence to all internal policies, procedures, and practices in support of risk management and overall safety and soundness.
13. Properly handles confidential information for all internal and external customers.
14. Adheres and upholds all of the Bank’s policies and procedures in regards to physical and information security.
1. Performs tasks which are supportive in nature to the essential functions of the job, but which may be altered or re-designed depending upon individual circumstances.
2. Takes the opportunity to promote Reliance Bank and its services when possible.
3. Exemplify through daily actions the concepts of BESPR; Build, Expand, Service, Profitable Relationships. Be aware in all situations the opportunities to provide excellent internal and external service while developing further opportunities to expand customer relationships. Provide lead referrals as available and be aware of requirements to improve the profitability of relationships.
4. Provide assistance to the sales teams as opportunities arise.
1119 Twelfth Street, Altoona, PA
2. Equipment, e.g., files, filming equipment, mail equipment, etc.
3. PC/Computer keyboard
4. Typewriter/Word processor
7. Fax machine
8. Copy machine
Reliance Bank is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer.
Click the “Apply for Job” button below and follow the link for an online application.
To apply for this job please visit workforcenow.adp.com.