Website Reliance Bank
Reliance Bank is currently seeking a Manager of Accounting to join our headquarters office team in downtown Altoona, PA!
The Manager of Accounting is responsible for assisting the Controller in managing the Finance Department, ensuring the proper control of all bank finance activities, including:
- Assisting in the implementation of strategies to achieve goals developed for the department as part of the Division’s annual operating plan
- Ensuring the department’s compliance with operating policies and procedures and outside regulatory requirements
- Organizing the work, activities, and human resources of the department
- Providing guidance and on-the-job training to Accounting department team members
- Communicating with appropriate management and staff within the department and bank
- Providing periodic reports.
Education/Training: A B.S. or B. A. degree in accounting, finance, or a related field of study; specialized banking/finance education and training. CPA designation preferred.
Skills: Proficient reading, writing, grammar and mathematics skills; proficient financial analysis skills; proficient PC skills; high analytical ability; proficient management and supervisory skills; visual and auditory skills; valid driver’s license.
Experience: A minimum of five (5) years’ related experience required. Prior supervisory experience preferred.
1) Assists in managing the Accounting Department in order to insure the proper control of all bank accounting and finance activities by performing various duties of which the following are illustrative:
- Assists in maintaining a classification system for new and established general ledger and subsidiary ledger accounts which meets the reporting requirements of all regulatory agencies and which provides adequate operating and financial data to responsibility centers.
- Monitors bank accounts and balances.
- Develops and implements policies to streamline financial institution accounting procedure.
- Prepares and approves select reports, i.e., call reports, monthly financial reports.
- Reviews and confirms classification and proper coding of bills for accounts payable.
- Monitors the Fed account and the Bank’s cash position; reviews the Federal Reserve daily requirement.
- Supervises funds transfer operations.
- Assists in the preparation of financial statements and reports required by the Bank, its external auditors, the Federal Reserve, or other regulatory authorities.
For more details, please click the link below.
To apply for this job please visit workforcenow.adp.com.