Website Reliance Bank
Reliance Bank is currently seeking a Part-Time Teller to join our strong, friendly, community-focused team in State College, PA. This position will be scheduled approximately 20-25 hours per week, including coverage every other Saturday from 8:30 AM – approximately 1 PM.
The Part-Time Teller position will be responsible for performing a variety of duties to support a plan to Build, Expand, and Service Profitable Relationships for the Personal Banking Division.
Major responsibilities include:-
- Accepts deposits of various types.
- Cashes checks within approved authority and operating policy. Places holds on checks when required.
- May be required to order weekly currency for vault and ATM.
- May sell cashier checks, certified checks and other official bank checks.
- Redeems bonds.
- Accepts loan payments and other related payments.
- Processes night deposits and mail deposits.
- Greets and serves customers in a friendly, timely, and courteous manner.
- Maintains an approval level of cash; turns in excess and mutilated cash.
- Prepares daily settlement and proof of cash transactions; balances cash drawer accurately and efficiently on a daily basis.
- May balance general ledger accounts related to the paying and receiving function e.g., EE Bonds, Coin, inter-bank accounts, etc.
- Prepares reports relating to the function, e.g., currency transaction, etc.
- Maintains supplies and an awareness of Teller supply inventory control.
- May be required to verify and wrap coin for vault cash control purposes.
- May be required to order or ship money to the Federal Reserve.
- May be required to place check order to Deluxe.
- Maintains a general knowledge of the features and benefits of personal bank products and services.
- Prior experience working in a Teller role is preferred; a minimum of two (2) years’ experience in a highly customer service-oriented role is required.
- Strong cash handling skills are required.
- Candidates should possess a commitment and personality to provide our customers with high-quality service.
- Ability to work a flexible schedule as assigned by management.
- General computer proficiency; ability to learn bank-specific computer programs.
Skill(s): Proficient reading, writing, and grammar skills; proficient analytical and mathematics skills; excellent communicative and interpersonal relations skills; ability to pay attention to detail; ability to remember customer’s names; proficient manual dexterity and eye-hand coordination; ability to communicate clearly in person, verbally, and in writing; experience working in a team-oriented collaborative environment; ability to operate various office machines; moderate PC skills; ability to stand, stoop, bend, sit, reach, walk up and down steps, and lift and/or carry items approximately fifty (50) lbs. of coin or various other items of a lesser weight;visual and auditory skills.
Reliance Bank is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer.
To apply for this job please visit workforcenow.adp.com.