Digital Payment Options with Apple Pay® and Google Pay™
Apple Pay® and Google Pay™ are contactless payment technologies for Apple and Android devices. Reliance Bank customers can now add their check cards to Apple Pay® and Google Pay™ to make secure purchases in shops, in apps, and even on the web. One-touch checkout, no card number entry, no need to type addresses, and no card information shared with the merchant… it is SECURE!
Apple Pay® and Google Pay™ work anywhere that contactless payments are accepted, just look for these contactless payment symbols:
Setting up Apple Pay® and Google Pay™
Adding a Card in Apple Pay®
- Launch the wallet app, and tap the white + inside the circle;
- Add card information manually or by snapping a picture of your card;
- Enter the 3-digit Security Code (CVV);
- Tap next, and wait for Apple Pay to verify your card with Reliance Bank;
- Accept the Terms and Conditions;
- Once you add a card in Apple Pay, you may be prompted to call an 800# to verify the card.
Adding a Card in Google Pay™
- Download the Google Pay app on your device;
- Open the Google Pay app and add your card within the cards tab;
- Enter your card information or snap a picture of your card information to upload;
- Google will verify you via SMS or email authentication;
- Once you add a card in Google Pay, you will be prompted to call an 800# to verify the card.
How to use Apple Pay® and Google Pay™ in Stores
Use your iPhone 6 or above or Apple Watch to conveniently make mobile payments in-store. To pay in-store, look for the contactless and/or Apple Pay symbol at the checkout. Hold your phone over the contactless payment terminal and confirm the purchase using your fingerprint, facial ID, or passcode. Your phone will vibrate and beep to indicate a successful payment has been made. For Apple Watch users, just hold your watch near the terminal and double-click the side button. Your watch will also vibrate and beep to indicate a successful payment has been made.
Simply unlock your phone, place it near a contactless terminal, and you’re good to go. You don’t even need to open an app. Tap and pay is that fast and that easy!
Note: Apple Pay® and Google Pay™ transactions will appear just like a standard credit/debit card transaction would on your Reliance Bank statement.
Apple®, the Apple logo, iPhone®, Apple Pay, Touch ID® and Face ID® are trademarks of Apple Inc., registered in the U.S. and other countries.
Android, Google and Google Pay are trademarks of Google LLC.
Reliance Bank is not affiliated with, endorsed, sponsored or otherwise authorized by Apple Inc., Google LLC.